Planning a well-balanced meal is child's play with this wooden play food set. Items from the five food groups--including watermelon, milk, cheese, fish, eggs, and much more--are crafted of solid wood and come with four wooden baskets for sorting and storage.
- Sturdy wooden food set featuring items from the five food groups for healthy pretend play
- Includes watermelon, milk, cheese, fish, eggs, and more
- Stores neatly in four wooden crates
- Fun and educational whether as a stand-alone or as part of a play kitchen
- Ages 2 years and up
- FOOD FACTS Have kids identify each food item (other than condiments) and sort it by basic food group: meat, dairy, grain, or fruits and vegetables. Ask them to place each food group in a different crate.
- RAINBOW REVIEW Have kids identify the colors of each food item, and sort the items by color among the four crates.
- BALANCING ACT Talk to kids about how a balanced meal should include one item from each food group. Ask them to assemble a balanced meal in each basket, then ask them to decide which would be their favorite meal to eat.
- MEMORY GAME Line up 3-4 ingredients. Let kids study them before asking them to close their eyes while you remove one piece. Ask them which piece was removed. Gradually increase the number of ingredients.