This colorful xylophone is a child's ideal first introduction to music! Mallets in hand, children can explore simple music concepts through creative play, becoming familiar with an octave, intervals, and rhythms. Over time, this little caterpillar will help children develop an appreciation for sound and music! The nifty wooden mallets store neatly in the xylophone itself to look like the caterpillar's antennas.
- Rainbow-colored xylophone
- Includes an octave of notes
- Self-storing wooden mallets become the caterpillar's antennas
- Helps children explore simple musical concepts
- Great for creative play, artistic expression, and fine motor skills
- Ask the child to play all of the notes in order and tell you which are higher: the smaller keys or the larger keys.
- Ask the child to read the letters at the bottom of each key (C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C). Explain that these are the notes of a scale (specifically, C Major).
- Ask the child to play the lowest note (the red C) and highest note (the purple C). Explore more ways to experiment with different sounds: Ask him or her to play hard and soft, fast and slow, etc.
- Clap a rhythm and ask the child to repeat it on the xylophone. Add to the challenge by changing the tone of each sound: For instance, pat your lap for low notes, clap hands for middle notes, and snap for high notes.